Monday, September 05, 2005

The "Silver Douche Bag" Speaks - Where George W. Bush Learned His Soaring Compassion

On The Drudge Report (also on CNN.com) -- Barbara Bush: "What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality... And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them"...
Wonder not from where George W. Bush learned to be the dispassionate son of a bitch that he is.

Update

Don't forget what The Silver Douche Bag said of the war in Iraq in 2003: "Why should we hear about body bags and deaths? It's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?"

5 comments:

Whetam Gnauckweirst said...

Found it as a headline on the Drudge Report. Just goes to show you the old saying is true -- people really do say the worst things at funerals.

Whetam Gnauckweirst said...

You can't get blood out of a stone, and you can't get compassion out of a Bush. It's a natural law, or something. Still, it's astonishing -- not in a David-Copperfield-flying- in-the-air kind of way, but in a guy-eating-worms-and-enjoying-it kind of way.

Whetam Gnauckweirst said...

Bang-on, as usual, Al! Great hearing from you. A horrific situation down in the Gulf Coast, made worse by zombies who are incapable of doing anything but putting their feet in their mouths. Really reveals their mindset when these things are what they would probably consider said as "encouragement." Hilarious point about the blacks saying they're going to stay in Texas as a means toward hurrying relief and restoration to their home state.

Ascendantlive said...

Matt I have to disagree a bit here. Certainly the comments made were in poor taste. But I have to say it probably just came out wrong. I mean we've all said something stupid before, and Barbars Bush's statement could be read in many different ways. Possibly I'm just being opptomistic, but I can't believe she could be that callous. And on top of that, she is rather old. Sometimes old people say funny things, or mix up their words. Then again, so do young people like myself sometimes. In this case I'm for giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Whetam Gnauckweirst said...

Of course, man, we need as much optimism as possible. You're talking to the King of Saying the Wrong Thing, so I know it probably seems hypocritical to jump all over Babs Bush about this. The reason I have is that I've seen her in numerous other interviews over the years and heard the same insensitivity in her voice toward anyone who didn't graduate Yale or grow up to be a billionaire. This was certainly just a slip of the tongue, but I think a very telling one.